CTHS REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND APPLICATIONS
In order to register horses you need to be a full CTHS member ($50.00 fee) or pay the higher registration fee for non-members.
FULL (STUD BOOK ELIGIBLE) REGISTRATION:
1. Both parents are CTHS stud book approved
2. Dam is CTHS approved, sire is German Verband or ATA approved
1. One or both parents have documented Trakehner blood in their pedigree
1. Take out a CTHS membership
2. Complete Application for Registration
3. Attach: - copy of certificate of the parent which is not CTHS registered
- make sure ownership is up-to-date
- attach certificate of service or statement signed by the stallion owner or leassee giving the
dates mare was bred
- include a bill of sale for the foal if you are not the mare owner
- a copy of the LEASE if mare was leased
- attach cheque
$50.00 - in foal's 1st year, provided that the stallion is CTHS registered, approved & the stallion license has been paid in the year the mare was bred.
$100.00 - in foal's second year, provided that the stallion is CTHS registered,
approved and the Stallion license has been paid in the year the mare was bred.
$120.00 for all others.
CTHS follows the German tradition of naming the foals with letter(s) beginning with the same letters as the DAM's name. This is in recognition of the importance of the dam. It also makes tracing of pedigrees easier.